Applications will be accepted for the temporary part time (1/2 day) position of:
Telemedicine Coordinator – RPN
Date: January 31st, 2017 to February 8th, 2017
Position: RPN, Telemedicine
Department: Clinical Services
Reports To: Manager, Clinical Services
The RPN’s role is to ensure the delivery of high quality telemedicine services within the Group Health Centre to healthcare professionals, patients and the community in conjunction with the GHC operating plan and the Ontario Telemedicine Network. The TMC will serve as the primary contact person with OTN. The nurse will support clinical and non-clinical (educational and administrative) videoconferencing activity, including scheduling and providing education to others regarding telemedicine. Develop and continually revise collaboration with physicians and Allied Health Care Professionals both internally and externally.
1. Registered Practical Nurse with a valid Certificate of Registration with The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Experience working with videoconference equipment (hand camera; digital stethoscope and LCD) and Ncompass an asset.
2. Excellent presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to adapt technological and computer applications to facilitate patient consultations, educational programs, administrative meetings and media events on a local and virtual basis.
4. Minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical setting; Medical office experience an asset
5. Current CPR certification and AED competency
6. Demonstrated clinical leadership skills and ability to work with physicians and other healthcare professionals at GHC and throughout the province to promote involvement in the components of the GHC Telemedicine service.
7. Demonstrated experience in the identification of learning needs and development of educational programs to meet those needs.
8. Demonstrated ability to handle several projects simultaneously and to successful completion.
9. Ability to establish credibility with, and gain consensus among individuals and groups with varying interest to promote and grow the OTN program.
10. Experience dealing with patients of all age groups
11. A solid track record of maintaining privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
12. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
13. Excellent phone skills and proper phone etiquette
14. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and deal with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts
15. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
16. EMR proficiency in EPIC
17. Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently as a team member
Apply Online to: Human Resources
Group Health Centre
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by February 8th, 2017. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5572.