Are you a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators? Do you have at least 7-10 years of experience in a licensed child care setting? Have you been approved by a ministry director or, in the opinion of a ministry director, as being capable of planning and directing the program in a child care centre, being in charge of children, and overseeing staff? If yes, then The Board of Directors of The Waterfront Child Development Centre is seeking applications for the position of Supervisor.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Waterfront Child Development Centre (WCDC) Supervisor (the Supervisor) is responsible for developing, delivering and managing the WCDC in a manner that ensures a safe, stimulating and developmentally appropriate environment for children. The WCDC Supervisor is also responsible for leading, motivating and inspiring a unified team of educators and caregivers.
- The Supervisor must ensure the development and safety of the children in accordance with all relevant Provincial Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- The Supervisor will ensure that all employees are respectful of and engaged with the children and parents. They will also ensure the facilities and equipment are clean, safe and well maintained.
- The Supervisor is responsible to keep current, accurate and confidential client and program files.
- The Supervisor is responsible for maintaining compliance through the renewal and documentation of all necessary licenses, inspections and insurances.
- The Supervisor will manage the WCDC budget, report on expenditures and revenues and provide any other information as required and/or requested by the Board of Directors
- Develop and implement a Program for young children.
- Oversee and ensure planning and implementation of activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
- Ensure the provision of nutritious snacks and lunches.
- Provide adequate equipment and activity opportunities
- Ensure equipment and the facilities are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Develop culturally appropriate programs and activities
- Establish policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies
- Be familiar with emergency procedures
- Spearhead development of summertime day camp programs including planning, implementation, and execution
- Supervise and develop Child Care Employees
- Recruit and hire Early Childhood Educators and other child care employees
- Supervise, coach and encourage employees
- Evaluate staff performance and conduct Performance Reviews bi-annually
- Take corrective action when necessary to address performance deficits
- Assess training needs on an individual basis
- Provide opportunities for training and development relevant to the needs of the WCDC
- Plan and conduct monthly employee meetings, maintain transparent processes, and open lines of communication
- Manage the Administration of the Child Care Program
- Establish policies and procedures as per the Employment Standards Act, Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Business Corporations Act, Fire and Health Department Regulations, and the ongoing business needs of the WCDC
- Enroll children based on the pre-established priority basis set by the District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board and the Board of Directors
- Review program plans weekly to ensure that they meet the program standards and the Minister of Education's Policy Statement
- Develop and maintain current, accurate and confidential child records
- Actively monitor the execution of the program plans
- Report to the Board of Directors
- Provide a report at each Board meeting outlining the Programming for the Rooms, Subsidy Spaces, Professional Development, Programming and Activity Expenses, Upcoming Activities, Employee Issues, Serious Occurrence Reports and any other issue that may occur that the Board needs to address
- Prepare background information on issues as required by the Board of Directors. Information for policy development including researching the financial records with the financial administrator, canvassing of parents and staff, seeking information from outside agencies
- Assist the Board of Directors with other duties as requested (committees, researching ideas, developing proposals, etc.)
- Financial Performance
- Monitor the WCDC Budget reporting on trends and variances with information required to fully explain what is being reported
- Ensure that complete, accurate financial records including ledgers, parent fee statements, receipts for fees, bank deposits, petty cash receipts and computer software are maintained by the Financial Administrator.
- Submit monthly financial statements for the Board to review prepared by the Financial Administrator.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Financial Administrator, prepare the annual operating budget for the WCDC.
- Implement financial spending and fee collection policies, files and procedures
- Purchase services, supplies and equipment as needed within budget guidelines
- Seek and apply for any available grants with assistance from the Financial Administrator
6. Public Relations
- Advertise and promote the WCDC within the Community using multiple media platforms
- Inform the Board of local, provincial and federal government policies and initiatives that affect the program and/or the delivery of the program
- Attend local Child Care meetings and participate actively and regularly
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with children, parents, employees, board members, other agencies, external funding sources, regulators and the public at large
- Act as a resource person and be a role model to parents for appropriate child/adult interaction.
Please submit your application package, verification of membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators, and CPIC (vulnerable sector check) to the Sault Community Career Centre at 503 Queen Street East, send by email: email@example.com or via fax: (705) 759-3367.
Please quote JOB posting ID #4257
We thank all applicants.