The Sault Ste. Marie YMCA is now accepting applications for Summer Day Camp Staff
The ideal candidates should be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to work on their own. Positions are available at two sites, Camp McNabb and Camp St. Kateri. Available camps include: Kid’s Club, Daytrippers, Art/Discovery, Gymnastics/Cheer, Sports & Games, Swimming, Dance, and Outdoor Adventure Camp*. Please indicate which site, camp, and position you are applying for and list any relevant experience.
- Camp Coordinators
- Camp Counsellors
- Support Workers
- Flex Staff
Child and Youth Focused - Committed to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
Teamwork - The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Integrity - Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values - Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes, and values of the YMCA.
Initiative - Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Concerns for Health and Safety - Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others about risk and harm reduction.
Planning and Organization - Manage time in order to concentrate efforts on priority projects.
Conflict Resolution - Facilitates appropriate and timely solutions to conflict.
Problem Solving - Responds quickly to problems which threaten YMCA quality and service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working with children and youth in a recreational setting
- Activity-specific skill with a minimum of 2 years related experience
- Camp McNabb Swimming Camp Coordinator must possess current NL certification
- Camp McNabb Gymnastics/Cheer Camp Coordinator and Counsellors must possess current Level 1 Gymnastics certification
- Camp St. Kateri Lead Hand/Waterfront Coordinator and Lifeguard must possess current NL certification
The YMCA of Sault Ste. Marie values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Supervisor of Child, Youth, and Family Programs
235 McNabb Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1Y3
By: Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted