The successful candidate will work for the lead tourism marketing organization for the region of Algoma. This organization has been marketing the region as a destination since 1974, and continues to develop and implement innovative marketing activities that entice tourists to plan and visit this beautiful and diverse region.
The key responsibilities of this Special Projects Coordinator position include assisting with the following duties and responsibilities with support from the Marketing Manager and Executive Director:
- Develop and implement surveys as required by the Association. Data collated as required.
- Update social media accounts, content calendars and manage accounts.
- Develop and design content for multiple communication tactics.
- Update the databases of businesses promoted through specific marketing programs.
- Develop and distribute targeted newsletter(s) for consumers or partners aligning with anti spam legislation.
- Provide support for programs as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A graduate from a post-secondary program whereby skills have been developed in marketing based, business-based, or office administration. Other degrees where courses Finite Mathematics or Statistics will also be considered.
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The position will be a full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
- Computer literacy using MS Office software applications which include word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software is required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset.
- Must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Must have the ability to adapt, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
Application deadline: January 30, 2018
Please email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Algoma Kinniwabi Travel Association
334 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1X1
This opportunity is proudly supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation.