Seasonal Parks & Street General Labourer
Contract: 16 Weeks (May 8 , 2017 - August 28, 2017)
-Rate of pay: $11.40hr -Number of hours per week: 30 -Flex hours, a timesheet will be filled bi-weekly, assuring staff works the required hours, and neither parties are taken advantage of.
Reports to: General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for general maintenance and cleanup duties within the Downtown Association boundaries.
- Assist with construction and landscape projects as directed.
- Clean and maintain high public use areas.
- Collect and dispose of garbage and litter as directed.
- Clean and remove graffiti and other such nuisance tagging.
- Responsible and accountable for providing general information to the public and assisting them
- with their concerns where possible.
- Assist with setup, teardown and operation of special events and functions.
- Perform other related duties as directed and required.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in the public as.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill sets and abilities:
- Ability to walk long distances
- Strength and stamina Ability to work in an outdoor environment, in different weather
- Proficient in using hands Attention to detail
- Able to work in a team or one on one environment
- Able to perform duties effectively
- Able to walk/move extensively around the downtown BIA area
- Event work, which may require lifting, hauling, etc. Minor office cleaning to maintain a clean and organized office space
- Attending some early morning or evening meetings may be required
- Having a valid Ontario Driver’s license is an asset
Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate and may include evenings, weekends and/or Holidays Long hours in intense concentration requiring attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
Terms and Conditions:
- Job Title: Seasonal Parks & Street General Labourer
- Hours of Work: 30hours
- Rate of Pay of Employee: $11.40 for 16 Weeks Pay
- Schedule: Bi-Weekly
Placement Agreement Effective Start and End Dates
Start: 08/05/17 End: 28/08/17
The Employee Will
- a) Perform the placement/employment described within the job description; b) Endeavour to meet the day to day goals and task outcomes described in the job description; c) Provide the General Manager with written notice of intention to terminate this Contract, stating the effective date of termination, and the reasons for it.
The Employer Will
- a) Provide the Employee with the training necessary to complete the tasks assigned; b) Make all legally required employer and employee contributions and deductions in respect of the Employee including but not limited to CPP, EI, and provincial and federal income tax; c) Ensure the Employee receives adequate supervision, regular and continuing instruction, and sufficient opportunity to learn the job duties, including orientation training; d)Comply with all applicable employment related provincial and federal employment legislation; e)Keep accurate attendance records of the Employee, including days and hours worked;
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to drop off their resumes and cover letter to Sault Community Career Centre at 503 Queen Street East, send by email: email@example.com or via fax: (705) 759-3367. Please quote job #4124
We thank all applicants .