Fast paced, downtown hotel looking for energetic personalities to join our dynamic housekeeping team for a busy Spring, Summer and Fall!
Rate of pay is $13.58 as per schedule "B" of the UFCW Locals 175 & 633 Probationary period applies for all new hires. Valid background check required before start date.
Please forward all resumes to Nicholas Brash firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 31 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Your overall responsibility is to clean and maintain the guestrooms to the brand standards while ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm Saturday & Sunday – 9:00am-5:00pm Alternative hours may be delegated as Management sees fit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Hotel standard is to clean up to 16 rooms per day which may vary. Rooms to be assigned by Exec. Housekeeper
- All rooms to be cleaned according to brand standards
- Checkout Rooms should be cleaned before Stayover rooms whenever possible
- Strip and make all beds in guest rooms according to company standards
- Clean all washrooms in guest rooms according to company standards
- Bathtubs & Shower Caulking to be thoroughly cleaned each day to avoid mould and mildew setting in. Shower curtains checked for mould as well & replaced as needed.
- Dust all surfaces high and low
- Properly vacuum complete carpet area in guest rooms and outside of guest room
- Help laundry as required
- Double check drawers and cupboards to ensure nothing was left behind by guest
- Always close drapes, turn off lights and sign check sheets when room is completed
- Proper stocking and maintaining of your cart at all times
- Any maintenance problems to be reported to Executive Housekeeper immediately
- Any room damages to be reported to Executive Housekeeper immediately
- Report any unusual activity on you assigned floor to Housekeeper or Front Desk immediately
- Any items left by guest must be turned into Lost and Found immediately
- Ensure room literature is properly placed in rooms
- Advise housekeeper of any outstanding DND rooms after 2:00 p.m.
- Cleaning of public areas
- Always conscientious of Health and Safety when performing duties
- Helps co-workers when delegated by Executive Housekeeper or Manager
- Performs extra duties as need arises and all other duties assigned by Exec or Manager
- Responsible for issued key & paper at all times
- The shift is complete when your Executive Housekeeper deems it complete. You must make your Exec Aware that you have completed your rooms for the day and if the Exec see fit, they will allow you to leave before your scheduled shift is complete.
- All departmental issues & complaints should be brought to the attention of the proper supervisor and must follow the chain of command. Executive Housekeeper first, then it can be brought to the attention of the Facilities Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Must be flexible to work any shift
- Previous cleaning experience an asset
- Must be polite & courteous
- Must present neat personal appearance and good personal hygiene
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work as a team or independently
Must be reliable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform duties while standing and/ or walking for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to lift weights up to 40 lbs, push and pull heavy equipment such as cleaning carts and equipment.
- Ability to stoop, bend, reach, and lift while performing duties.
- Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants, cleaning agents, and chemicals.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.