Position: Program Coordinator Sault Ste. Marie Department: Community Engagement Reports to: Area Manager, Sault Ste. Marie Status: Part Time Contract Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Purpose: The Community Engagement department is responsible for the development and delivery of the Foundation's fundraising programs and for the execution of health promotion programs province wide. The role of the Program Coordinator is to assist the Area Manager in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada’s community based Jump Rope For Heart, Big Bike, Heart Month and Volunteer Initiated fundraising programs through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. In addition the role is responsible to:
- Increase the profile of the Foundation as the authoritative voice on heart disease and stroke,
- Develop and maintain strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance strong business relationships.
Key Accountabilities: Business Management Accountabilities
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of various fund-raising programs that may include Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, and Volunteer initiated events.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities within our Heart Month Campaign
- Work with Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution
- Promote HSFC’s image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
People Management Accountabilities
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships
Business Development Accountabilities
- Assist Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships
- Assist Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including meetings etc.
- Support Provincial Office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
- Geographic region of Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma
- Fundraising revenue: 200k + with growth potential.
- Relationships: 100+
- Competitive Challenge: complex
Key Competencies: Organizational Strategy
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems.
- Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate.
- Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth. Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development
- Experience in sales and/or marketing, and/or not-for profit industry and/or health promotion
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma
- Goal setting and achievement orientated
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- People management experience an asset
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required*
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected