White River Forest Products in White River, Ontario has an opening for a PLC/IT Technician.
The primary responsibilities is to provide ongoing maintenance and support of all PLC and automation devices as well as internal IT infrastructure mill-wide, while demonstrating a consistent sense of urgency and follow up to ensure timely and satisfactory execution.
· Monitor and maintain PLC, telephone and server networks;
· Perform required updates, repairs and upgrade as required;
· Maintain up to date backups of programs devices and networks;
· Work to achieve the best preventative techniques to eliminate equipment failures and continually monitor for and diagnose problems;
· Perform regular maintenance on internal IT infrastructure including desktop support, user maintenance and hardware installation;
· Provide in-house troubleshooting and commissioning service and technical support for new and existing equipment (MS Windows Desktop and Server Environment, MS SQL databases, layer 2 & 3 networks including DeviceNet);
· Work with engineering and optimization team on PLC programming, machine modifications, and preventative maintenance;
· Conduct problem solving activities while assisting engineers with root cause analysis;
· Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications, including but not limited to VFDs, servo and valve positioners, vision systems, and optimization scanner systems;
· Maintain knowledge, skills and abilities and keep up to date with changing technologies;
· Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practices.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
REQUIREMENTS: Degree or diploma in a related field, or a minimum of 3 years work experience;
Sawmill or industrial experience preferred;
Possesses strong PLC programming skills (industrial experience preferred);
Knowledge of vision systems including motion control;
Experience in setting up and supporting layer 2 & 3 networks including DeviceNet, MS Windows Desktop and Server Environment, and MS SQL database;
Familiar with setup and deployment of IP devices including phones, cameras and access control;
Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
Possesses Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal);
Holds the required certifications and/or demonstrate require knowledge;
Demonstrates a consistent sense of urgency and follow up to ensure timely and satisfactory execution;
Demonstrates desire and willingness to learn new technologies on an ongoing basis;
Demonstrates quick thinking and exceptional problem solving skills along with the ability to select effective solutions;
Able to work with limited supervision.
APPLYING: Please send resumes to email@example.com or contact Louise Perrier @ 1 807-822-1818 extension 241.
Closing date: October 31, 2017