Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Term: One Year Contract (April 2017 – March 2018)
Rate of Pay: $17 / hour, Full-time (35 Hours per Week)
The primary role of the Office Administrator position is assisting the AWiC Executive Director in meeting the deliverables of the organization. This includes assisting in the planning and execution of labour market related projects/programs and research throughout the year. This position is also responsible for the day to day management of the AWiC office, including basic bookkeeping, scheduling and responding to general inquires.
• Gathering labour market related data and information at the request of the Executive Director.
• Managing the contents of website, social media content and producing weekly e-newsletters.
• Assisting in the planning and coordination of AWiC events and execution of projects.
• Responding to general inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
• Proof reading and editing documents, reports and other materials.
• Maintaining electronic and manual filing systems.
• Ability to perform basic computerized bookkeeping functions.
• Post-Secondary education in Business or Office Administration and industry experience preferred.
• Highly motivated individual who is self-managed and detail-orientated.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• The ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated research skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to meet and adjust priorities.
• Proven ability to work effectively independently or within a collaborative team environment.
• Proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Office, social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter and familiarity with visually based Website editors.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to attend evening meetings and/or weekends.
Interested candidates should submit your resume and cover letter by Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 to:
AWIC and an equal opportunity employer.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and we will fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their application; however, only those invited for an interview will be email@example.com
For more information on AWiC, please visit www.awic.ca