Established in 1996, BioForest specializes in innovative product development, and consulting strategies for urban and commercial forest protection. In 2015, BioForest became a subsidiary of Lallemand Plant Care to oversee and develop its Forestry division. BioForest is a Canadian company that offers products for the management of various tree pests and diseases, including TreeAzin® Systemic Insecticide; the leading insecticide for the control of emerald ash borer and other pests in Canada.
Lallemand Inc. is a privately held Canadian company specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 12 business units (Plant Care being one of the newest and fastest growing business units), each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria. With operations and management throughout the world, Lallemand employs more than 3,300 people working across more than 45 countries, on five continents.
BioForest is looking to recruit a hardworking and enthusiastic marketing specialist to help support its rapidly growing business. The marketing specialist will be an integral part in the development and implementation of strategic marketing initiatives to reach niche target markets and raise awareness of biological products in forestry and agricultural sectors.
Reporting to the marketing manager, the marketing specialist will be responsible for aligning all marketing resources with overall strategy and ensuring marketing plans are executed effectively for multiple industries. This is a full time, permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of creative and strategic marketing plans
- Develop copy for print materials, web and digital advertising content
- Manage marketing campaigns from inception to implementation to completion, working with multiple departments (e.g. order desk, finance, sales, regulatory, research and development) for input and feedback
- Implement targeted, strategic digital and social media marketing campaigns. Monitor and evaluate performance, adjusting campaign metrics accordingly
- Monitor and assess campaign and website performance against objectives/goals using Google Analytics. Report on campaign successes, failures and provide recommendations for future improvement.
Project Management and Team Work:
- Work closely with internal graphic designers to create and implement print and digital collateral materials to support sales and marketing efforts
- Assist commercial and technical teams in developing presentations, technical sales sheets, handouts, workshop invitations, workshop content and promotional materials as required
- Assist production and regulatory teams in the creation of product labels, safety data sheets and product packaging
- Work closely with IT to implement website updates and optimize search engine performance
- Work with external business partners to implement campaigns and promotions
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage tradeshow exhibits as well as the production and shipping logistics of tradeshow materials
- Purchase traditional and digital media placements. Manage and submit creative as per the supplier’s deadlines
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policy at all times
- Other duties as required
- University degree in business administration (marketing specialization), marketing communications or equivalent
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in marketing, advertising or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic marketing campaigns and tracking/evaluating campaign performance
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and monitoring digital and social media marketing campaigns
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Superior project management, organizational and attention to detail skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Team player and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Thrives under high pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop presentations and comfortable presenting in front of various audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred but not required
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada or to be determined in consultation with the successful applicant.
Commensurate with experience. BioForest offers competitive salaries, group medical benefits, a registered pension program and paid vacation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. BioForest thanks everyone who took the time to apply to this position. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.