The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) serves as a catalyst for growth in the technology and knowledge-based sectors in Sault Ste. Marie and area. Its objective is to drive business growth, facilitate research and commercialize innovation in globally significant areas of science and technology through partnerships, expert advice, community development, business incubation, youth outreach and sector development activities.
SSMIC is looking to hire a full time Manager, Marketing and Communications for a 13-month maternity leave contract.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead external marketing and communications activities and manage exciting projects and events. Reporting to the organization’s Executive Director, this role will provide an opportunity to work within all SSMIC’s focus areas.
The Manager of Marketing and Communications will work to raise awareness of SSMIC’s programs and services and overall image within the community, foster community support for SSMIC and its efforts and raise the profile of the businesses in the science and technology sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage SSMIC’s annual marketing and communications budget and annual business plan
- Provides direction and supervision to support staff in related activities
- Develop strategic promotional plans, including marketing materials and tools for various projects or departments within the organization
- Maintain and ensure brand congruence across the organization and its divisions, including Acorn Information Solutions (AIS), C2C Business Services, Rural Agri-Innovation Network (RAIN), UP Lottery and Gaming, and YouLaunch
- Develop content for various marketing vehicles, including, but not limited to, monthly newsletters, press releases, news columns, website, and advertising campaigns
- Manage and oversee the organization’s website (www.ssmic.com)
- Plan and execute annual events, including the Advanced Research Technology & Innovation Expo (ARTIE), SSMARt Innovation Awards, various annual workshops and monthly networking events
- Act as primary media contact, spokesperson when required, and develop positive media relationships on behalf of the organization
- Interface with stakeholders and develop positive stakeholder relations on behalf of the organization.
- Provide Board of Directors with updates as required
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in a marketing and communications role, preferably with management experience
- Demonstrated track-record of high achievement, leadership and self-motivation in any discipline
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design programs
- Experience planning events, workshops and large-scale conferences
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, clients, colleagues in a fast-paced business environment
- An aptitude for accurate, highly detailed, analytical skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Proven leadership and ability to make appropriate independent decisions and implement as needed
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders, external vendors and businesses
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to communicate in both English and French an asset
Please submit a cover letter and resume before Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre 99 Foster Drive, Level Six
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.