JHS is a multi service agency that partners with other agencies to improve our community members’ quality of life. The successful candidate will offer supports to clients within the agency and in the community, including intake, case management, and referrals to outside agencies.
Qualified applicants must have graduated from an accredited college/university in social sciences within the last three years; must be first time employment in their field of study; and not have participated in the internship program before, plus have:
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of disadvantaged youth and adults
- Demonstrated excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with the use of computer software
- Use of personal vehicle and valid driver’s license in good standing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bilingualism would be an asset
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references by February 23, 2017, to:
Suzanne Lajambe, Executive Director
John Howard Society of Sault Ste. Marie
27 King St., Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 6K3
only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Howard Society is an inclusive employer who is committed to an application, interview and work environment that is barrier free. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to advise our office in advance of any accommodation requests for the application or interview process.
A participating agency of the United Way
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation / Société de gestion du fonds du patrimoine de Nord de L'Ontario.