INVISTA Canada's nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario has an immediate opening for Industrial Millwrights.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, inspection, and repair of a range of industrial machinery and equipment that includes reciprocating and positive displacement pumps and compressors, gear reducers, valves, piping etc.
• The role includes supporting the operation in both preventative and reactive maintenance work processes and providing feedback to optimize plant reliability.
• Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures
• Assist operations with tasks and troubleshoot issues when requested
• Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
• Heavy lifting and maneuvering of heavy items
• Perform daily tasks using SAP data management system. Training will be provided.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• A current Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright
• A motivated attitude, a dynamic approach to getting tasks complete, and pride in accomplishment and craftsmanship
• Minimum of 2 years recent working experience as an industrial mechanic/millwright journeyman
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, locate, identify and diagnose malfunctions
• Demonstrated strong ability to work under minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, engineering, and management
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills and interest in continuous learning and improvement.
• Availability and willingness to work shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
• Must place a high value on safety and have past work experience demonstrating it
• Physical condition and health compatible with duties of this role
• Able to work in a tobacco free environment
• Experience/knowledge related to pump overhaul and repair
• Rotating equipment background including fans, blowers and centrifugal compressors
• Hoisting and rigging
• Flanged Joint make up, pipe fitting
• Familiarity with machinery laser alignment
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office programs
• Competitive Wages
• Company pension plan
• Flexible benefits including vacation purchase program
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume in English along with a covering letter to www.kochcareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer.
If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage
Closing Date - April 28, 2017