INVISTA Canada's nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electrician.
• Adhering to and promoting all safety regulations and procedures including performing proper lockout/tag out procedures
• Electrician will be responsible for Installation, performing routine, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of industrial electrical and instrumentation equipment.
• Reading/interpreting technical work orders, blueprints, technical manuals, single line electrical drawings, electrical code specifications, schematics, P&IDs and instrument loop drawings.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Licensed as an Industrial Electrician/Construction & Maintenance Electrician
• Minimum of 2 years recent working experience in an industrial environment as an Electrician.
• At least one year of experience troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD).
• Successful candidates will be highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve malfunctions.
• Demonstrated strong ability to work under minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, engineering, and management
• Availability and willingness to work shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
• Must place a high value on safety and have past work experience demonstrating it
• Physical condition and health compatible with duties of the role
• Able to work in a tobacco free environment
• Competitive wages
• Company pension plan
• Flexible benefits including vacation purchase program
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume in English along with a covering letter to www.kochcareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage
Closing Date - March 31st