Position: Housing Services Representative
Closing: 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Term: 12 Month Contract, full time (35 hours/week)
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services has centralized various functions to ensure effective, consistent processing of housing services. We are seeking to fill a maternity leave contract position as a “Housing Services Representative” for our office located at 499 Queen St in Sault Ste. Marie.
As the Housing Services Representative, you will be an integral member of the Operations Team, responsible for providing high-quality tenant services and a range of administrative and program support in order to achieve team and organization goals. The successful candidate will be a goal oriented, organized, enthusiastic individual who understands and appreciates how safe, affordable housing contributes to the quality of life.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Supporting OAHS’s mission and vision and making significant contributions to the achievement of the corporate strategic plan;
- Contributing to achievement of division and organization Key Performance Indicators;
- Assisting with the delivery of various programs according to specified policies, procedures and program guidelines;
- Maintaining electronic and manual filing systems and program database systems for program delivery in accordance with specified procedures;
- Maintaining the regional Central Applicant Registry (CAR) and communicating housing opportunities to the community through various channels as required;
- Interviewing and recommending applicants for housing opportunities;
- Analyzing and preparing income reviews for potential tenants;
- Collecting monthly rent payments from tenants, preparing rent receipts and entering data into the Business Management System (BMS);
- Completing income reviews annually for current tenants and entering the data as needed in the BMS;
- Participating in the Tenant Arrears process by counselling tenants, collecting rental arrears, and participating in the development and implementation of plans to reduce and eliminate arrears;
- Completing Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) Tribunal documents for rent collection and eviction;
- Attend and represent OAHS at LTB Tribunal Hearings;
- Delivering or assisting in the delivery of eviction notices to tenants as required;
- Providing administrative support and reception duties as required;
- Preparing correspondence including reports, spreadsheets, graphics, presentations, emails, letters, and Tenant Newsletters as required;
- Working closely with Property Managers, CSBC’s and other staff; and
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- College Diploma/Certification in Business Administration or Social Studies or combination of education and related experience;
- Working towards or completion of CIH certification would be an asset;
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Databases, Accounting Systems, Project Tracking Software and/or specific experience with Business Management Systems would be considered an asset;
- Have a strong background and understanding of the Social Housing Act and Housing Services Act, 2011;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a highly motivated, professional and results-oriented team;
- Effective communication skills with individuals coming from all walks of life;
- Able to follow through and complete projects;
- Experience working in Social Housing environment would be an asset; and an
- Appreciation for Aboriginal culture and a values system that believes in assisting people.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to travel as required (limited);
- Ability to work varying hours/days, if required;
- Valid CPIC clearance (Criminal Records check);
- Current, valid Ontario Driver’s License and safe driving record.OAHS provides a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, matching RSP program, and opportunities for training and advancement.
Your application letter and current resume must be received no later than 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
- Email to SSMHR@oahssc.ca, or
- Mail or hand-deliver (marked CONFIDENTIAL) to:
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services Corporation
500 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1X5
This competition is open to internal and external candidates. In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to qualified individuals of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, who self-identify.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.