Job Overview – Description & Duties
- Determine the layout of the installation and materials required
- Measure and mark reference points for installation of gas lines and equipment
- Install and maintain gas meters and regulators and gas lines between gas unit and gas meter
- Install, maintain and service gas heating units and their components, such as burners, valves and automatic controls
- Test and replace defective equipment or components
- Test and adjust control mechanisms and check pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas detecting devices
- Prepare reports on work performed and condition of facilities
- Advise clients regarding standards, safety features and maintenance of gas units and systems
- May repair and service gas appliances and related equipment.
- Physical strength to lift 50 lbs
- Post secondary school education from an MTCU approved trade school with a provincial gas fitter licence required
- Skilled to communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- On-the-job training is provided for all components of the job specific to this company.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to drop off their resumes, cover letter to Sault Community Career Centre at 503 Queen Street East, send by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (705) 759-3367. Please quote job #4796
We thank all applicants.