The Fundraising Coordinator Intern will increase capacity within Algoma Family Services Foundation to support its mission. Under the leadership of the Foundation Manager and volunteer Board of Directors, the Intern will assist with the development of direct mail and major gifts campaigns, grant and proposal writing and the execution of the Foundation’s annual fundraising events. This is a one year contract.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of an annual direct response campaign
- Manage the content of the foundation’s social media accounts and website
- Execute all pre-existing, current and new fundraising events
- Interface with community volunteers
- Participate in training opportunities as they apply to fundraising and event management
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or University degree in a relevant field such as communications, marketing, business, public relations or event planning
- Experience with Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with social media – Facebook, twitter, Instagram
- Experience with media relations
- Experience with fundraising events
- Experience working with/supervising volunteers
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and task oriented
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Access to own vehicle
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by
Wednesday December 13, 2017 at 4:30pm to:
Algoma Family Services Foundation
205 McNabb Street, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1Y3
Tel: (705) 945-5050 ext. 2670
Fax: (705) 942-9273
For more information on Algoma Family Services Foundation,
please visit our website at www.afsfoundation.ca
This opportunity is proudly supported by:
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Coorporation