Contract: 16 Weeks (May 8 , 2017 - August 28, 2017)
Rate of pay: $11.40hr Number of hours per week: 30 Flex hours, a timesheet will be filled bi-weekly, assuring staff works the required hours, and neither parties are taken advantage of.
Reports to: General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible (in an assistance capacity) and accountable for the assistance and compiling of content for 1st and 2nd drafts of grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations.
- Persuasively communicating the organization's mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts.
- Developing a 2017-2018 calendar of submission due dates.
- Link and content (physical and digital) to ensure timely submission of content.
- Conducting prospect research to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner.
- Aiding in the distribution and successful collection of Downtown Street Party sponsorship
- Canvassing businesses to create a distribution list of Downtown Street Party materials.
- Assistance with the 2017 Downtown Street Party, Car Free Saturday, and other events hosted
- during the 16 week contract within the downtown.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill sets and abilities
- Fundraising experience
- Previous event experience
- Interpersonal skills Excellent written & oral communication Excellent organizational skills including, attention to detail, accuracy, time management.
- Ability to create, coordinate, execute and evaluate events and projects -Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications -Strong social media skills & experience. Ability to learn
- Outgoing, flexible & motivated.
- Office environment
- Able to walk/move extensively around the downtown BIA area
- Event work, which may require lifting, hauling, etc. Minor office cleaning to maintain a clean and organized office space
- Attending some early morning or evening meetings may be required
- Having a valid Ontario Driver’s license is an asset
- Security clearance minimum cpic (others as required)
Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate and may include evenings, weekends and/or Holidays Long hours in intense concentration requiring attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
Terms and Conditions:
Job Title: Funding Coordinator
Hours of Work: 30hours
Rate of Pay of Employee: $11.40 for 16 Weeks
Pay Schedule: Bi-Weekly
Placement Agreement Effective Start and End Dates
Start: 08/05/17 End: 28/08/18
The Employee Will
- a) Perform the placement/employment described within the job description; b) Endeavour to meet the day to day goals and task outcomes described in the job description; c) Provide the General Manager with written notice of intention to terminate this Contract, stating the effective date of termination, and the reasons for it.
The Employer Will
- a) Provide the Employee with the training necessary to complete the tasks assigned; b) Make all legally required employer and employee contributions and deductions in respect of the Employee including but not limited to CPP, EI, and provincial and federal income tax; c) Ensure the Employee receives adequate supervision, regular and continuing instruction, and sufficient opportunity to learn the job duties, including orientation training; d)Comply with all applicable employment related provincial and federal employment legislation; e)Keep accurate attendance records of the Employee, including days and hours worked;
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to drop off their resumes and cover letter to Sault Community Career Centre at 503 Queen Street East, send by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (705) 759-3367. Please quote job #4125
We thank all applicants.