Algoma Public Health is seeking a Communications Coordinator Intern for a twelve month full-time position. The Communications Coordinator Intern will support the overall communications goals of Algoma Public Health in a variety of ways.
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- Candidates must be seeking first time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
- Develop targeted strategies to get the publics’ and media attention on public health issues.
- Write and edit communications products like news releases, fact sheets, newsletters, website content, social media messages.
- Manage social media platforms, including analyzing analytics.
- Manage the website, including updating content.
- Work as part of team to develop marketing communication materials.
- Coordinate content and oversee Algoma Public Health’s social media sites.
Qualifications and required skills:
1. A post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism or Marketing.
2. Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator would be an asset.
3. Writing clear language content, editing and proof reading web copy.
4. Understanding of the latest trends surrounding the digital space (e.g. mobile, gamification, crowdsourcing, open data, etc.) and their applications to health.
5. Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Good planning and organizational skills.
8. Able to function independently and as a team member.
9. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
10. Valid class G driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle as travel within the district of Algoma may be required.
11. Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
12. Police Records Search and clearance is required as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Public Health will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities, upon request
APPLY NOW: Subject line must remain as is. Attachments must be in MS Word or Portable Document File (PDF) format.
Deadline for receipt of applications: May 26, 2017 up to 4:30pm
Submit applications to: Algoma Public Health c/o Human Resources 294 Willow Avenue Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 0A9 Fax: (705) 759-2540 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all candidates for responding; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.