Job Title: Business Development Coordinator Intern
Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting to the Director this position is responsible for the development and co-ordination of all self-generated revenue areas for the Art Gallery of Algoma (AGA). This position is to increase the AGA profile in the community and forge new community relationships and build on the present.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The AGA needs a position that will look after areas of self generated revenue and will expend business side of the organization. The self generated revenue sources at the Gallery include membership, fundraising events, sponsorship, donations, shop sales, grants, space rental, and sales of classes and workshops offered to all age groups. The AGA is faced with cuts in government funding and has to develop a new business model that will make the organization more sustainable. The position is also to focus on marketing and develop a marketing strategy which is revenue oriented and also implement this strategy working with other staff. This is a new position which is to enable organizational growth, increase revenue and make the AGA more sustainable.
- With the Executive Director (ED) develop an organizational growth strategy focused on marketing and increase in revenues;
- Coordinate and work on fundraising events with the Executive Director and other Gallery staff;
- Manage budgets for all events to ensure cost saving measures are applied and reconciliations are done accurately;
- Work with Administrative Assistant on developing marketing and product strategy for the Gallery Shop to increase sales in the Shop;
- Work with the Executive Director on sponsorships for exhibitions, programming and events;
- Develop a rapport with potential sponsors in the community and beyond;
- Research new public and government funding for programs and employment grant opportunities locally, in Ontario and in Canada. Assist with grant applications for operation, exhibitions, programming and employment;
- Work on a new strategy to promote and sell Gallery art classes and workshops offered for all age groups;
- Work with Administrative Assistant and Executive Director on enhancement strategies to maximize membership enrollment, revenue, member satisfaction and member engagement;
- Work with the ED on developing strategies to increase donations and gift planning;
- Work with the ED to develop long-term community support for the Gallery;
- Prepare written evaluations, final reports, revenue projection reports and associated budgets and financial reconciliations for submission the Director and potential funders;
- Other duties as assigned.
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
The applicant will be post-secondary graduate with education/experience in areas of fund development, marketing, business development, with entrepreneurial mindset. The successful candidate will have knowledge and/or hands-on experience with event planning, sponsorship, marketing to local audiences and for tourism, business development, customer service, communication, grant and/or proposal writing, marketing/design; interest in art would be an asset.
The successful candidate will be:
- Analytical thinker with problem solving skills;
- Have excellent computer skills including social media skills;
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work by her/himself;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Have experience in event planning, customer service, and volunteer work;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work in cooperation with staff, volunteers and public;
- Have ability to administer numerous projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail is a must;
- Flexible hours including evening work;
- Fluent in French is an asset;
- This must be the first full-time position in this field for the intern;
- The candidate is only eligible to participate in the internship program once
Application deadline is May 31, 2017 at 5 pm. Please submit your application in person at the Gallery or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing address is Art Gallery of Algoma, 10 East Street, Sault Ste. Marie, ON, P6A 3C3 attention Jasmina Jovanovic, Executive Director.
The AGA is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted for an interview.
This Opportunity is Proudly Supported by: Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation / Société de gestion du Fonds du patrimoine du Nord de l'Ontario