Job title: Account Executive, Sales
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
SooToday.com, a part of the Village Media network, is looking for a full-time Account Executive, Sales.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. They create revenue by meeting prospective clients, making sales presentations and selling directly to current clients as assigned. They are entrusted to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals and encourage them to reach their target audience through various Village Media advertising channels and services.
Ideal qualifications for the position include:
- Develop and manage revenue producing relationship with clients and agencies
- Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs based solutions to achieve them
- The ability to pull results reports/information from it as needed
- Manage and take responsibility for the schedule of deliverables and campaigns of each client, being primary point of contact and managing all customer care and service
- Follow up with Graphics Producers to ensure ad copy meets client’s expectations
- Share account information with the Sales Administrative team to ensure proper documentation
- Use of web analytic tools to understand sales opportunities and statistics required for sales presentations
- Supporting regional sites within the network, through direct sales and/or support of other account executives
- Working cohesively with other members of the sales team
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
- Proven track record of sales success in local media setting
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and other Google applications
- Some travel may be necessary
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required
Although the position is based out of the SooToday.com office, there will be a regular need to work externally, coordinating opportunities to meet and engage with clients at their place of business. Generally hours of work are 9am-5pm, but there is sometimes a need to work in the evenings and on weekends in special circumstances.
YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IS ASSURED. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. References may be requested.