The Sault Ste. Marie YMCA is now accepting applications for Summer Day Camp Support Staff
The ideal candidates should be patient, energetic; self-motivated, and enjoy working with children. Support Staff provide one-to-one support to individual children and youth during YMCA Summer Day Camp programs.
- Multiple full time contract positions beginning July 4, 2017 and ending August 26, 2017
HOURS OF WORK
- 9:00am to 4:00pm and extended care (7:30am-9:00am or 4:00pm-5:30pm) as needed.
Child and Youth Focused - Committed to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
Teamwork - The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Integrity - Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values - Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes, and values of the YMCA.
Initiative - Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Concerns for Health and Safety - Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others about risk and harm reduction.
Planning and Organization - Manage time in order to concentrate efforts on priority projects.
Conflict Resolution - Facilitates appropriate and timely solutions to conflict.
Problem Solving - Responds quickly to problems which threaten YMCA quality and service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Education in Child and Youth Work, Education, Psychology, Social Work an asset
- Experience working one-to-one with children and youth in a supportive role
- Experience working with children and youth in a recreational setting
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
- Alison Weir Supervisor of Child, Youth, and Family Programs
- 235 McNabb Street Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1Y3
By: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted
The YMCA of Sault Ste. Marie values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.