The Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant under the direction of the Partners and Lawyers is responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties within the corporate sphere. This position will be completing tasks for all lawyers in the firm as necessary. This includes the preparation of various legal documents and correspondence, responding to inquiries and interacting with clients relating to tasks such as Minute Books, Corporate Structures, Wills, Powers of Attorneys, Estates and other corporate functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare /draft documents and correspondence based on written instruction or verbal direction.
- Proper maintenance of files in accordance to office standards including filing.
- Knowledge of Office Software programs such as PCLaw, Fast Company, Estate-a-Base, Wills Program and other programs necessary to efficiently perform duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Communication and interaction with clients and accountants by telephone, email and in person.
- Scheduling of Lawyer/Client appointments in Microsoft Outlook.
- Preparation of Reports and Billing.
- Organize and maintain precedents.
- Present a positive and professional image to all visitors, clients, agencies and other parties.
- Other duties as required.
- Qualifications and Skills
- Critical thinking, analysis and research skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply legal documentation, laws or legislation
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion.
- Superior inter personal skills to interact with employees, lawyers, clients and external agencies.
- Proficiency with office productivity applications.
- Research skills on the internet and traditional sources of information.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning and diplomacy.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Legal Assistant: 2 years
Applicants are invited to submit in confidence a detailed resume including references by Monday, December 18, 2017
via email to: email@example.com
390 Bay Street, Suite 500
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 1X2
Tel.705.949.6700 Fax.705.949.2465 www.wishartlaw.com
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.