Applications will be accepted for the Temporary Full Time position of: Support Services Worker
Date: November 14, 2017 to November 20, 2017
Position: Support Services Worker
Department: HIV and AIDS Resources Program (HARP)
Reports To: Director, Clinical Operations
The HARP Support Worker will provide over-all case management and one-to-one support to clients infected/affected by HIV/AIDS. This position will work in collaboration with community partners.
1. Post-secondary degree in health, social work, education, counseling, or equivalent working experience
2. Valid G driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Minimum t wo years’ experience working in a community setting
2. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Demonstrated ability to speak open and frankly in a non-judgmental manner
3. Demonstrated ability and knowledge in group facilitation
4. Proven interpersonal, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
5. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with internal and community resources
6. Demon stated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet with people in a pleasant, professional and responsible manner, both in person and on the telephone
7. Strong computer skills and ability to work with social connecting systems and platforms
8. Strong knowledge of Algoma Region and the localized services/supports available
9. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; able to meet deadlines
10. Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
11. A solid track records of maintaining privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
12. Sound judgment, excellent observation and patient assessment skills, tact and empathy
Apply to: Human Resources
Group Health Centre
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by November 20, 2017. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 759-5589.