· Perform all activities related to payroll as required.
· Perform all activities related to payables and receivables.
· Prepare all required monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for a variety of stakeholders/end users.
· Prepare and provide budget information as requested.
· Provide general clerical and reception duties.
- Post-secondary education in business administration/accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of performing all aspects of bookkeeping functions including payroll administration.
- Demonstrated proficiency with bookkeeping software and ability to learn new programs as required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with software such as Word, Excel, Power Point and the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Ability to work independently and to organize multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, volunteers, and clients in a confidential, welcoming, and client-centred environment.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and its effects on the family unit is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial reports.
- Ability to advance/change with respect to the financial environment, including government reports.
* Note that an offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police records check.
- In conjunction with Executive Director and Treasurer, carry out all aspects of bookkeeping, banking, receivables and purchasing for the Society.
- Maintain accurate accounting records.
- Perform all aspects of payroll, including, calculating deductions, submitting bi-weekly payroll files through RBC Express for approval, and preparing reports such as the Revenue Canada summary, EI Record of Earnings, Employee Health Tax submissions,T4 summaries, WSIB reports, GST return, and T3010 tax return and Government reporting as required.
- Complete journal entries using current Accounting System MS Dynamics.
- Prepare a monthly summary of financial position for distribution to Executive Director and board of directors.
- Provide Executive Director and Treasurer with reports and information sufficient to fulfill reporting requirements to all stakeholders.
- Complete quarterly trial balances for submission to the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care using a specified process and system.
- Monitor balances in all bank accounts to ensure adequate funds to cover payments.
- Monitor postage and purchase as required.
- Monitor office supplies and equipment and purchase as required, in consultation with Executive Director where necessary.
- Maintain and monitor daily cash flow records.
- Maintain adequate number of cheques and ensure appropriate signatures.
- Keep accurate records of all petty cash transactions and issue reimbursements when required.
- Prepare analysis of revenues and expenses for all fundraising and special events.
- Serve as contact person for financial audit, providing all requested financial information and being available to answer specific bookkeeping questions, in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Maintain awareness, and ensure compliance, of existing and new legislation and regulations affecting accounting practices for the charitable sector.
- Ensure that Alzheimer Society quality standards for support and operations are adhered to, and that appropriate risk management activities are undertaken to safeguard the assets of the Society, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Prepare financial reports as required.
- In collaboration with the Administrative Assistant, ensure that all necessary reception and clerical tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a current inventory of office equipment and furniture.
- Ensure adequate office supplies are available at all times.
- Maintain accurate filing systems.
- Ensure that board packages are completed and distributed to board members within the required time frame.
- Assist with orientation, training, and support for volunteers and other duties as assigned.
- Assume responsibility for personal upgrading in knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other appropriate ongoing professional development.
- Attend Annual General Meeting.
- Participate in community and/or Alzheimer organization committees, as appropriate.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Assume other functions as may be requested by the Executive Director.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
Alzheimer Society of Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 3S9
Attention: Terry Caporossi, Executive Director
341 Trunk Road,
Application deadline: November 22, 2017
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.