Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Division: Regional Operations Division
City: Sault Ste Marie
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code:08OAD - Office Administration 08
Salary: $23.10 - $26.86 Per Hour* *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 112412
Are you an efficient office administration professional with excellent organizational skills? If so, consider this position with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Regional Operations Division.
Sault Ste. Marie offers many of the advantages of ‘big city' living but is nestled in natural wilderness. Sault Ste. Marie is one of only 6 Canadian communities designated as an international safe community by the World Health Organization. The Sault offers safe neighbourhoods where the word 'neighbor' still resonates, and has community centres, parks and more to offer the whole family. A thriving art and entertainment community, top-notch restaurants, and more are right here in the community of Sault Ste. Marie. http://www.saulttourism.com/.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide front-line customer and client services to internal and external clients
- provide a range of administrative and district support services such as: taking meeting minutes, composing routine correspondence, handling incoming and outgoing mail, organizing and maintaining district filing systems, maintaining office supplies and equipment, compiling data and drafting reports
- provide logistical support to district supervisors and teams providing ground to ground or ground to air radio coverage • undertake corporate searches associated with licences and produce approvals/permits/licences
- assist in the district financial process by receiving revenue, preparing receipts, making bank deposits, entering data, identifying and resolving errors, processing requests for cash float and maintaining district financial records
How do I qualify?
Office administration experience:
- demonstrated experience with office administrative duties such as manual and automated filing, purchasing, revenue collection procedures, assets management, tracking correspondence/projects, arranging meetings/travel, maintaining supplies and office equipment
- demonstrated proficiency with computers and software programs such as word-processing, database, electronic mail, internet, spreadsheets, and financial and revenue applications to format and prepare correspondence and reports, input and retrieve data and maintain computerized records
Planning and organizational skills:
- ability to schedule and organize meetings, training sessions, seminars and workshops • ability to use effective time management skills to organize own workload to ensure deadlines are met
Judgement and analytical skills:
- ability to determine nature and urgency of matters, inquiries and processes in order to prioritize, action or refer accordingly
- ability to identify and resolve discrepancies in reports and financial data
- ability to interpret and apply relevant, policies, procedures, directives, guidelines, regulations and/or statutes
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- ability to convey information, respond to inquiries, resolve complaints and issues using tact and diplomacy with clients, the general public and staff.
- ability to compose and proofread general correspondence
- 1 Permanent, 64 Church St, Sault Ste Marie, North Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Posted on: Tuesday, October 3, 2017
How to apply:
- You must apply online by visiting ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 112412 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.