White River Forest Products LP is a community based venture that owns and operates a Sawmill in White River Ontario. The company has recently invested over $20 million dollars in the mill and will invest an additional $5 million, making it a state of the art facility. The sawmill operation has a capacity of 170Mfbm per year of softwood lumber products.
White River Forest Products in White River, Ontario has an opening for a 3rd and a 4th Class Power Engineer.
The primary responsibilities will be the efficient operation of the steam plant in a manner consistent with all regulations and insurance obligations. Ensure all work performed conforms to current technical safety operational standards, TSSA and other regulations.
Direct (accountable for / authority over):
- Ensure the steam plant is satisfying the steam demands of the mill in relation to heating and kilns operations.
- Ensure the operation of the air compressors which will include scheduled service maintenance, operating hours per compressor, and daily and weekly check list.
- Monitor and maintain the heating and AC units throughout the mill and office areas.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the steam plant and kilns.
- Monitor and record the mill water consumption on a weekly and monthly report (monthly consumption (meter reading) must be reported to the mill controller on the first of every month. Investigate ways to reduce water consumption.
- Provide steam to the kilns to optimize drying productivity and minimize drying degrade per lumber charge while ensuring full recovery of the condensate to the steam plant.
- Work according to TSSA regulations.
- Participate actively with all insurance obligations.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Certified and registered 3rd Class Power Engineer or higher
- Good computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
APPLYING: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 02, 2018 or contact Louise Perrier @ 1 807-822-1818 extension 241.