The Sault Ste. Marie Insectarium is looking for two Outreach Program Coordinators for its Science for Seniors Program
The Sault Ste. Marie Insectarium, also known as Entomica, wants to develop a pilot program that engages seniors in science and learning about the environment, the natural world and miracles of nature, using its inventory of exotic insects from all over the world for inspiration and teaching.
The Outreach Program Coordinator(s) will
- develop a variety of program options for monthly presentation,
- develop relationships with senior facilities to discuss, develop and promote program options,
- pilot test the Science for Seniors program in local senior facilities,
- coordinate, inspire, train and supervise volunteers for program delivery, and
- organize and implement interactive live-insect presentations in selected locations between Hornpayne in the North and Elliot Lake in the East
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or a science-related field
- Basic knowledge of insects and their interactions in the natural world
- Comfortable handling live insects
- Excellent personal interaction skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- This is a full time, 1 year contract position with salary of $423/wk as per Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP) guidelines.
- Hours: 30 hrs per week.
- Benefits: The SSMI does not have a benefit package.
- Eligibility requirements: Applicants must meet Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP) guidelines, must be unemployed and have been an EI recipient within last three years.
- Applicants must have a current Police background check.
- Applicants must have valid driver’s license and vehicle access.
How to Apply:Applicants are invited to drop off their resumes and cover letter to Sault Community Career Centre at 503 Queen Street East, send by email: email@example.com or via fax: (705) 759-3367. Closing date for this posting is Friday October 20th, 2017 at 4pm.
Please quote job # 4803